Last week I went to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party with my church Community Group. It was SO much fun!
We did a potluck meal, and...if you know me AT ALL...you would know I signed up for dessert. I LOVE baking desserts. :) I decided to make two different types of cookies: Eggnog Spritz Cookies and Skillet Date Balls. I can't decided which cookie I like better. It probably just depends on my mood because both tend to call my name persistently from the kitchen....ALL. DAY. LONG.
Eggnog Spritz Cookies with Rum Glaze
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons rum extract
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (if using a dark/nonstick cookie sheet, heat oven to 325F).
2. Beat granulated sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
3. Beat in vanilla, rum extract, and the egg until smooth.
5. Pick your desired cookie shape (I used Christmas trees) and place 1/4 or so of the dough at a time into the cookie press.
8. Cool for about 1 minute on the sheet.
9. Remove from the cookie sheet onto a wire cooling rack.
10. Cool completely.
1. In a small bowl, stir all glaze ingredients (sans nutmeg) with a spoon until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. (I like it to have a little bit of form though so it doesn't just drip everywhere)
4. Before the glaze is set, sprinkle nutmeg over the cookies.
These are SO tasty. Enjoy!