I mentioned in a previous post (Eggnog Spritz Cookies with Rum Glaze) that I made a two different cookies for our Community Group Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. These Skillet Date Balls are absolutely fabulous...and oh so addictive.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped dates
2 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup pecans, chopped finely
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt butter over low heat.
2. Add sugar and blend.
3. Add chopped dates.
4. Stir in egg (stirring like a crazy person, so it won't curdle).
5. Cook 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
6. Add Rice Krispies, nut and vanilla. Mix well.
7. Using a teaspoon, drop into powdered sugar. Cover with powdered sugar.
8. Roll (or press) into balls while hot.
9. Enjoy your tasty new obsession.