I decided to deviate a little from the stereotypical crafts today, in honour of Pi Day. March 14 (aka 3.14) marks a special day for my husband. Blatantly speaking, he's a nerd. What do you expect when you literally marry a rocket scientist? So to commemorate this nerdy holiday, I surprised him with a hand-"crafted" pie. And the joy in his face, and the repeated comments of "I can't believe you remembered! You rock!" when I surprised him after work with a pie in my hands...totally worth the slight deviation. :)
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white granulated sugar
2 cups fat-free milk
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Put all of the ingredients (eggs, butter, flour, vanilla sugar, milk and coconut) into a blender.
3. Mix well.
4. Pour directly into a 9.5 or 10 inch pie plate. I used a 9.5 inch pie plate.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle another 1/8 cup coconut on the top.
7. Bake another 10 minutes. Light crust will form on the bottom.
8. Enjoy the tasty goodness!
Happy National Craft Month! AND Happy Pi Day!