Two years. 2 whole years that have just flown by. I have LOVED being married to my absolutely fabulous husband, and can't believe it's been so long. (I get that in the grand scheme of things, 2 years is teeny and we are still practically newlyweds. but still!) I guess it is true, "Time flies when you are having fun"!
So what is the two year "recommended" gift? Well that depends on if you are traditional or modern. If you are traditional, you give Cotton. Sexy, huh. If you are modern you give China. Again I say, sexy huh.
I personally like to try to combine the traditional and modern. So this year I decided to make a creative gift...something that is cotton but made in China. Seems easy enough.
Surprisingly more difficult than I had expected. I had so many plans, but there are more and more supplies made in the USA. (Go USA! but boo for my project)
I came up with a painted canvas, that had some of our most significant dates on it. (I had wanted to paint it with China Blue paint, but I couldn't find it anywhere. And all the acrylic paints in my hobby shop were made in the US and didn't have the words "cotton" or "china" in them. boo again)
But luckily the canvas itself was Cotton and made in China! So boom.
Canvas - I used a 9" x 12"
Acrylic Paint (2 colours)
Sponge paint brush
Individual letter stamps
1. Paint the canvas in the colour you want your numbers to be written in. I wanted yellow numbers, so voila.
2. Once it's dry, align the stickers on your canvas to display your special dates.
These are our dates. :)
3. Once the stickers are thoroughly placed, paint over the canvas with your second paint colour. Let dry.
4. I needed to paint the second colour several times to fully cover the first.
5. Once the paint is completely dry, peel off the stickers. I used my craft tweezers to help grab the little edges.
6. After all of the stickers are removed, you may notice that some of the paint bled over. Bummer. But easily fixed. Just take a little paint brush and use the first paint colour to do any touch-ups necessary.
7. Then I took my individual letter stamps and inked them on to the canvas, describing what each date represents. (come on ladies, we all know the men in our lives need that little bit of description added. :) )
Finished product! I love how it turned out!!
Happy 2nd Anniversary, Babe!